Friday, September 24, 2010

Food For Thought Fridays


Caleb is afraid of dogs. He used to love them.

One day while playing a dog snapped at him and ever since, he wants nothing to do with them.

At grandma's house, there is an outside dog and that dog will chase and jump all over you.

One day while we were visiting, the dog started running after Caleb and trying to jump all over him.

What did Caleb do? He took off for Daddy. He jumped in my arms with tears rolling down his face.

At that moment, no dog in the world was going to mess with my boy.

His weakness was met with my strength.

Psalm 5: 1-2 says, "Give ear to my words, O LORD; consider my groaning. Give attention to the sound of my cry, my King and my God, for to you do I pray."

The enemy has attacked and continues to pursue, but we have run into the arms of our Almighty God.

When we let our cry, our groaning, our weakness appeal to the strength of our almighty King, no dog in hell can or will overtake us.

No comments: