Friday, September 17, 2010

Food For Thought Fridays



Our family went to see a Star Wars exhibit at the museum in Durham recently.

It had me thinking of the wisdom of Yoda a little.

I know I'm a nerd but, I actually thought about an exchange Yoda had with Luke.

Yoda said, "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size do you? And well you should not! For my ally is the Force. And a powerful ally it is."

What a cool guy.

We don't serve the Force. We serve God. We don't look to see who is doing better or worse than ourselves. We don't seek to be the big dog, because size matters not. We don't turn our heads to the left or to the right to find our strength.

We look up. That is where our help comes from. And a powerful ally the Lord is.

The problem comes when we start worrying about everything around us rather than the God who surrounds us.

When Luke was having difficulty learning the ways of the Force he said, "I don't believe it..."

Yoda's response, "That is why you fail."

It may be a little green man, but Yoda is right. When things are tough and life is crumbling, stop looking left and right and start looking up.

Speak what you know is true. Read scripture. Pray.

Jesus is the most powerful ally you will ever know.

And may the LORD be with you.

No comments: