Friday, April 30, 2010

Food For Thought Fridays

Psalms 1:1-2 says, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers, but his DELIGHT is in the law of the Lord and on it he meditates day and night."

This has been my memory verse. One thing that strikes me in this passage is that the blessed man will go to the Word out of delight NOT just duty. How many times do we read the Word thinking, "I just have to get 1 chapter or ten minutes in"

Also, I believe that the less time you spend in the truth of the Word, the more likely you will find yourself in the counsel of the wicked, in the way of sinners, and in the seat of scoffers.

I encourage you to continue to passionately seek the Lord through His Word. If you are not passionate about His Word, ask God why.

But I do know, as we seek Him, we can live lives that show Him the glory He alone deserves.

1 comment:

Beach Home Lover said...

I look forward to this each Friday!