Friday, April 16, 2010

Food For Thought Fridays

Psalm 91:1-2 says, "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of Jehovah, He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in whom I trust."

The word "dwells" is not a vacation spot or a weekend visit. As much as I would like a vacation (and need one), "dwells" denotes a place of PERMANENT residence.

Many people desire security, happiness, comfort, and peace. I mean, who wouldn't?

In the truest form, these "benefits" are inseperable from God. If you want to know real security, real happiness, real comfort, real peace, God has to be your treasure.

But here is the problem, people want these "benefits" that come FROM God, they just don't want to be hassled WITH God.

It is much easier to do it on your own and visit Him on weekends. That way we have someone to blame when things don't go the way we want.

We need to learn to DWELL with God and stop using Him as a 911 operator.

Shalom.

No comments: