Friday, January 28, 2011

Food For Thought Fridays

This one is for the guys.

The other day I was taking a shower and the Lord started convicting me of some things. One was about my marriage. Do I take my relationship for granted? Am I serving my wife like Christ? Would Jesus be proud to have me represent Him in our relationship?

Men, those are serious questions.

We tend to act more courteous, kind and caring to our customers, bosses, waitresses and convenience store clerks than to our wives.

I know and confess that I am guilty. I feel like I can let my hair down and relax when I get home, but in truth that is when my job, my true work, begins.

Ephesians 5:25-27 says, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless."

Do you act un-Christlike around your spouse?

Would Jesus say that He is proud of your representation of Him?

Our marriage is the most important place to live like Christ. Don't put it on the back burner.

No comments: