Friday, October 15, 2010

Food For Thought Fridays

Last Saturday, Caleb and Isaiah had a soccer game.

I started thinking about the little saying, "there is no I in TEAM."

When you think about it, that is a funny little statement. In one sense, it is very true and in another, it is very false.

If one player tries to win the game all by himself, he soon finds out he is going to get clobbered.

But, if I don't do my part for the team, the lack of my "I" will cause the team to fail.

Sometimes you hear people in churches saying, "WE have a good little church." "WE have a great youth ministry at my church." "WE have a wonderful outreach program." "WE have an amazing prayer team." "WE, WE, WE."

I was just wondering, how do WE spell WE? Many of us spell "WE" without an "I".

"We preach the gospel." Did you?
"We do this" "We do that" What part did you take?

Ephesians 6:13 says, "Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

This is what "YOU" need to do for the "TEAM".

Honestly, we need to be people that are willing to pick up the mop and the broom, put on our shoes and open our mouths, stand with the sword and the shield.

We need people who will do these things before they talk about "WE" and "OUR".

How do you spell "WE"?

No comments: