Friday, May 28, 2010

Food For Thought Fridays

When you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins. Mark 11:25

If you are reluctant to forgive others, you are out of sync with God's character. And if you are out of sync with God's character your prayers are not going to be consistent with God's purposes for your life and this world.

Here is where my focus gets a little foggy.

When I am in a tough relationship with someone, sometimes I think Satan's warfare against me focuses on my relationship with the person.

But that really is a secondary problem. If he can cause bitterness or resentment in our hearts (no matter who is right), Satan hinders our relationship with God. This is what he is after.

Satan's desire is to destroy our relationship with God, regardless of the collateral damage.

Don't let Satan win, live a life of forgiveness.

No comments: