Friday, March 5, 2010

Food for Thought Fridays

I don't know if anybody even reads this, but I am going to TRY to put some thoughts down on Fridays. Not saying I am right, but just some thoughts.

In Romans 1:1 Paul starts his letter by saying, "Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God. . ."

Paul said he was a servant or bondservant depending on the version you read. We use servant most times in the Bible because slave sounds harsh.

But, I wonder if our prayer life reflects a slave's heart.

Many times I feel like I only make my requests known before the Father without taking time to listen to the Master's voice. What kind of slave tells his master exactly what he wants done and how to do it?

I think it would do us well to take some time to get on our face and seek the voice of the Master.

Romans 11: 34-36 says,

For who has known the mind of the Lord,or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid? For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.

We must realize the Creator of the universe owes us nothing. But, every day, every minute, every smile, every laugh and every tear are by God's grace and mercy.

How small are we and how great is our God that He is mindful of us.

2 comments:

ccemoore said...

I got a lot out of this post. Thanks for it, Wade.

Bree said...

I visit here often!

Great word Wade.

I have a problem sometimes being "STILL". I know that He is God, but I have to run my mouth sometimes to Him so much, that I forget to listen. Great habit to put into practice.

Thanks for sharing.